Saturday, March 10, 2012

Living in a light show.

At night, the wall of mostly fairly ordinary skyscrapers near the waterfront become dreamlike with neon and other colored lights that make my eyes so happy I don't care if it's garish or tacky. As if that's not enough, every night at 8:00 there's the Symphony of Lights, when they pulse on and off and shimmer in time to electronic music piped over P.A. systems, with spotlights and lasers shooting into the sky. I'm not making this up.





One building reflected in the face of another:



The HSBC building again...


... and reflected in the pool in Statue Square across the street:


A closer view of the stairwells, lit up in alternating colors on each floor:



The building below, modestly named The Centre, has pulses of alternating colors moving up and down its face until late at night. I think I have video of this somewhere, if I can figure out how to post it.





Some views from across the harbor on the Tsimshatsui waterfront and from aboard the Star Ferry:





And that's just on an ordinary night - the Christmas versions starting going up later in my visit.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment